- When typing, appending tone number will convert to tone mark (example: hao3 –> hǎo).
- Spacing, capitalization, and punctuation will be ignored.
- For multiple choice, check one correct answers.
- Spoken tone -vs- Dictionary tone (for example, when two 3rd tones occur in a row, the first 3rd tone becomes 2nd when spoken, but remains 3rd tone when written). In cases like this, you answer will be considered correct.
- If you answer according to the speakers actual tone, or
- You answer according to the dictionary definition.