Portland has a new food cart at 3th & Washington. Their Beijing style beef noodle soup is amazing. Each bowl has just one noodle … one 20 foot long noodle. Only $8.00!
Among other things they serve:
- Niú ròu lā miàn (牛肉拉面) – Beef noodle soup
- Jiānbing (煎饼) – Kind of like a crispy omlette
If you listen to the audio you can hear me say:
- Sorry – in English (I had permission, but I felt a little embarrassed to film her.)
- Bù hǎo yìsi (不好意思) – “Sorry” in Mandarin
- Hěn lìhai (很厉害) – “Awsome” in Mandarin
The noodle-puller (a native speaker) responded to my compliment with “Xièxie”.